Coronavirus Update #4March 16, 2020 Update
Gospel City family,
First of all, we want to express how thankful we are that through technology we were all able to gather together virtually for Sunday worship. Homes across Michiana (and the world) lifted Jesus’ name passionately in worship, and the Word of God was preached and received. Not only that, but both WSBT-TV and ABC57 shared stories of Gospel City Church’s livestream services! What the enemy means for evil, God has used for good. Our city got to see and hear Jesus’ name and Gospel hope.
It is quite clear to us that the precautionary scenario surrounding COVID-19 and the steps being taken to slow the spread continues to evolve every few hours. Within the last 24 hours, officials lowered the recommended gathering limit from 250 to 50, and then to 10 within the last hour. While this is not the new normal, these temporary precautions help limit and shorten the length of the pandemic. Watch this helpful video on limiting the spread of the virus: Why Fighting The Coronavirus Depends On You
That said, your pastors and ministry leaders are making themselves available for care, and are preparing resources for discipleship to continue in creative ways throughout the week. Reach out to any of the pastors if you need assistance or prayer.
- Wes Ward, Pastor of Ministry Development | email@example.com
- Micah Klutinoty, Pastor of Worship | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nathan Scroggins, Pastor of Congregational Care and Counseling | email@example.com
- Tyler Downing, Pastor of Next Steps, Small Groups, Students | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tyler Holder, Pastor of Men and College | email@example.com
- Erin Harris, Women’s Ministry Director | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Helmkamp, Children’s Ministry Director | email@example.com
- Ben Hurt, Campus Pastor, Elkhart |firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephen Love, Pastor, Redemption City Church Plant | email@example.com
Men’s, Women’s, Students, and College ministries will all be receiving ministry specific resources on Wednesday of this week, in lieu of onsite gatherings. You can visit and bookmark those pages and check back for resources on Wednesday afternoon. Leaders will reach out to their groups with details.
We are also respecting the request of groups of 10 or more not to meet physically. If you’re able, limit the number meeting in person to 10 or less. Lean into connecting with each other through technology like group phone calls, texting, Zoom or Skype, etc. Or, consider dividing your group into smaller groups.
Please know, we desire that you stay very intentionally connected to one another. Meet each other’s needs and pray together. These are different times. The Church is on the move. We are resiliently following the Lord together.
We look forward to gathering with you again this weekend via livestream services at 10am & 5pm on Sunday. Be ready to worship and engage from wherever you are.
You are loved,
—Gospel City Church staff, pastors, and elders