No local church can afford to go without the encouragement and nourishment that will come to it by sending away its best people.
With much prayer and insight from wise counsel, Pastor Trent Griffith will be transitioning away from Gospel City Church over the remainder of 2021. Trent has accepted a call to serve as the Vice President for Content Development at FamilyLife. He and his wife, Andrea, will be relocating to Orlando, Florida likely in early 2022.
The Griffith family has been such a blessing to us and we know to many of you as well. Join us in praying for them and encouraging them over the coming weeks and months as God prepares them for this next place of ministry.
You can watch the full announcement video here, which includes Trent & Andrea telling their journey, as well as encouragement and guidance from your elders:
From Our Elders
In the coming days, we know there will be many different emotions, questions, and thoughts about what you’ve heard. Our elders want to remind you that that’s good. Here are a few ways you can process:
- Join Us In Praying For The Future.The elders and pastors want you to know that we are committed to being on our knees seeking the Lord’s face and guidance throughout the coming months. We would ask that you join us in praying.
- Remember Who Is In Control. The one constant is God is on His throne. He is sovereign. He is good. He is worthy yesterday and today, and He will be worthy tomorrow.
- Remember That This is Jesus’ Church, Not Ours. The Church is His bride. He is building His Church. He will continue to build His church until the day He returns.
- Feel Deeply. It’s Ok to grieve, hurt, laugh, cry, remember. Change is hard, but change is also good.
- Celebrate God’s Goodness. Don’t miss the rich blessings that God has lavished on us. The mission for both the Griffiths and for Gospel City is unchanged. We are still committed to making disciples for the glory of God.
- Outdo One Another In Showing Honor. As the Spirit leads, to one another, to the Griffiths, to the pastors, leaders, and staff.
- Abide. Stay connected to the the vine—Jesus—and each other. Remain. Dwell. Don’t run away.
Decision Making and Communication
The short answer is: We don’t know exactly what is next, but we do know WHO is in control. It is the Lord. We will take some time to pray, talk and think about the particular needs and opportunities of Gospel City Church. The elders will be sharing frequent updates with where we are. We will not do this transition perfectly, but we will aim to be faithful, biblical, pastoral, and missional. We will aim to communicate with clarity and be open with you. You’ll hear from us regularly through places like Sunday mornings, the Gazette, through your small groups, and more. Pray for us as we pray with you.
Pastor Trent is now our Lead Pastor for Preaching. He will preach 1-2 times a month, as well as steward the pulpit and lead our preaching team. In addition to Trent, our pastors will fill the pulpit and preach as well. Praise the Lord, we have excellent preachers!
This is a great time to be in a small group! Also, if you want to be around your pastors and elders every single week, come be a part of the Core Classes which will be taught by elders and pastors. It will be a time for loving God more together.
01. We resolve that the Gospel is going to get in, and the Gospel is going to get out.
02. We resolve that, no matter what, God is going to be glorified in this season.
03. We resolve that, no matter what, disciples will be made.
04. We resolve to live the “one another’s” of Scripture.
05. We resolve to keep our humor.