Beginning August 29
LIVE WITH PASSION. RUN WITH PURPOSE.
Experience 15 powerful lessons that have equipped thousands of every day believers with greater vision, hope, and passion. In Perspectives, scripture, history, culture, and strategy converge to reveal the unfolding of God’s redemptive purposes. He is on a mission to bless the peoples of the earth, and you’re invited to join Him.
WHAT IS PERSPECTIVES?
Beyond a course of study, Perspectives is for everyone who wants to understand God, His Kingdom, and their place in the world.
- 15 powerful and unique lessons taught by 15 diverse instructors that have equipped thousands of every day believers with greater vision, hope, and passion. (See Sample Classes Here)
- The courses are designed around 4 vantage points or “perspectives” — Biblical, Historical, Cultural and Strategic. The Biblical and Historical sections reveal why our confidence is based on the historic fact of God’s relentless work from the dawn of history until this day. The Cultural and Strategic sections underscore that we are in the midst of a costly, but very “do-able” task, confirming the Biblical and Historical hope.
- Since 1974, Perspectives has been changing lives. Perspectives, based in Pasadena, California, is a non-denominational ministry that exists to enhance the effectiveness of the mission movement among the world’s least reached peoples. Learn more about them at perspectives.org.
Thursdays from 6-8:30pm. Begins August 29 and runs through December 12. (Please note: there will be no class on Thanksgiving Day, November 28).
Everyone who has a desire to impact their world (from High School age and up). Any Christians in the Michiana area, not just Gospel City Church attendees, are welcome.
At Gospel City Church (Granger Campus), located at 52277 Hickory Road, Granger, IN 46530.
Register to attend the first class night (8/29/19) at no charge! Come and see what Perspectives is all about. There are a few different enrollment types:
- Certificate and Key Reading students: $75 with Gospel City scholarship* (regularly $275)
- College credit students: $330 with Gospel City scholarship( (regularly $530)
- Alumni students: $30 for returning Key Reading students, and $70 for returning Certificate students. (No scholarships for Alumni students, as Perspectives already offers them a significantly reduced fee.)
*If you are a Gospel City Church attendee, please register online NOW, but please select “pay in class” as your payment option at checkout. To receive the scholarship price, be sure to enter “Gospel City Church” as your church when you register. Scholarship pricing will be arranged in person at the first class. (See the FAQ section below for the explanation of different enrollment levels.)
Who should take Perspectives?
The short answer is anyone who wants a closer walk with the Lord, who is serious about gaining a deeper understanding of His ultimate purpose in the world. It’s for anyone who wants to learn how to strategically invest their lives in seeing God glorified; for anyone who wants to gain insight and direction that will help them to impact their generation.
Why is Gospel City offering a Perspectives course?
The mission of Gospel City Church is to glorify God through the fulfillment of the great commission—that means we make disciples of all the nations. Perspectives’ vision is that the church is “awakened to pursue the fulfillment of God’s global purpose within every people group for His glory,” and their mission is “to mobilize by educating the Body of Christ in the USA to strategic engagement in God’s global purpose.” We feel that this is a very strategic partnership indeed.
What makes Perspectives unique?
There are many answers to that question. Perspectives has a unique focus. Perspectives has a long and singular track record in the business of opening students’ eyes to the Bible, world history, international culture, and God’s purpose for it all in a way that no other course can offer.
Perspectives is also unique in that a different expert teaches each of the 15 sessions. This allows you to be exposed to people who specialize in the area they cover.
Who will teach the class?
Perspectives instructors are professors, missionaries, ministry experts and pastors from all over the US, in addition to local missions experts and pastors. Go to the class pages at perspectives.org for the complete list of scheduled instructors.
What are the enrollment types?
- Certificate level earns a certificate of completion from the US Center for World Mission. It is the recommended level (over key reading) for getting the full impact of the course. The instructors are fantastic, but about 90% of the course is in the text, and at this level students are kept accountable to read. This level is required by several mission sending agencies, committees, etc. for candidacy, and is required if someone wants to coordinate Perspectives in the future. The work involves about 2 – 3 hours reading per week, with weekly homework over the reading, and a project due at the end of the class.
- Key Reading allows students to attend class, read a few key articles each week, and complete five personal responses (reflections on what they are learning) throughout the program.
- Undergraduate credit is roughly 3-5 hours reading per week, with weekly homework over the reading, 2 exams, and a paper (10-15 pages) due at the end of the class. If students are planning on transferring credit, it is their responsibility to check with their advisor to ascertain their school’s policy on transferring credit into their program. (Graduate credit may also be available, but please contact the class coordinator, Jennie Strycker, if interested.)
- Alumni certificate and key reading is the same as certificate and key reading above, but available for those who have already completed a Perspectives course in the past, and are looking to take it again.
Will childcare be provided?
No, childcare will need to be arranged on your own.
Is the class only offered to Gospel City Church attendees?
No, this class is open to any Christians in the Michiana area to attend. However, scholarship pricing is only available to attendees of Gospel City Church. If you are inviting a friend who does not attend our church, Perspectives does offer some limited discounts that they can take advantage of (such as early bird registration by 7/31). If inviting a friend, please refer them to this page: Perspectives Class.
Why does Perspectives cost so much?
The fees for the class are based on the travel expenses for speakers, administrative costs, costs for class materials, etc. This is necessary to ensure the quality of the program. However, if you are a Gospel City Church regular attendee, our missions council has graciously offered to scholarship $200 towards the cost of your registration.
If you are a Gospel City Church attendee and have questions about financial assistance, please email Dan Jones.
I am still not sure whether it is the right class for me. What should I do?
Come attend Lesson 1 on August 29 for free. You can decide before you need to make payment for the class to continue with the study. We do ask that you still register in advance, so we’re prepared for you.
Any other questions?
Email Dan Jones.
Stephanie and I took the Perspectives course when we were considering a life of service overseas. I’m a big picture guy. When Ido something, it helps me greatly to see where my task fits into the overall plan. Perspectives is a course focused on the heart of God for all peoples everywhere. Whether I go across the hall, across town, or half way around the world, Perspectives has helped me see where I fit into God’s good and loving plan.
—Dan Jones, Gospel City Church Member
The Perspectives course helped me read Scripture with fresh eyes. I started to see God’s heart for missions in every page of the Bible. It gave me compassion for the lost. I was inspired by the stories of faithful people in the last 150 years who allowed God to work through them to reach those who desperately need the Lord.
—Stephanie Jones, Gospel City Church Member
I’m enthusiastic about Perspectives because my life and our church are devoted to spreading a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ. God means to be known and enjoyed by every tribe tongue and nation (Rev. 5:9). Perspectives has been essential in mobilizing hundreds of lay people in our church to be World Christians.
—Rev. John Piper, Senior Pastor, Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis MN, Author
What are you waiting for? Register today!